Happy New Year! I hope everyone has had a restful winter break and spent lovely quality time with family and close friends over the festive Season. Christmas and New Year is honestly the best time of the year. I ate lots of wonderful, delicious food and relaxed with my family. I now feel rested and reenergised for a new year of amazing opportunities. That’s why I decided to write this blog post actually, because I feel a new sense of purpose and I don’t want to waste a moment of my time wishing for something without chasing my dreams full storm ahead. Without action, a dream will always fail 100% of the time, so I’m taking a huge step with this blog post and facing my fears head on. I’ve been majorly fearful of this blog for a while now. I seek perfection and because I know that I can’t make this blog absolutely perfect I haven’t tried at all. I’m absolutely terrified of this blog if I’m honest. And tonight I decided no more. No more laziness, no more fear and no more procrastination. I achieved quite a lot in 2015 but this blog is one of my major weaknesses, and for what? It’s my free space to express my passions, it should bring me joy not fear, but instead of embracing it with both arms I’ve avoided it because it has showed me everything that I don’t like about myself. My lack of discipline is a prime example of how I’ve failed with this bog, I do one post a every 3 months, maybe? This pattern has to end. I’m sure many people struggle with the same fears and failures but I won’t let these few struggles stop me from following my dreams, no way.
Without further adieu, I’m going to share my 5 biggest personal goals of 2015 with you in this blog post.
1.Film more videos for my YouTube channel
2. Blog more (yes, I mean consistently share creative, quality content on this blog)
3.Work hard and procrastinate less (organisation and planning are vital to this)
4. Be more adventurous and take more risks
5. Look after yourself
Here’s the video where I go explain my the reasoning behind my goals in further detail:
I have specific goals related to this blog that I would like to achieve this year and I feel like publicly sharing it may give me the motivation to to actually put some effort into them
- Share more fashion looks. I want to create more more fashion posts and outfit posts on this blog. fashion is something that I am very passionate about and I really want to put effort into my styling and sharing this with my followers.
- I want to become more consistent with my posts, ideally I want to post 5 days a week, but for now I want to put up one post a week consistently throughout the year.
- I want become better at applying make up, I’ve grown in my make up skills last year, but this year I want to branch out and experiment with different looks and products.
- I want to have more professional photography (less iPhone shots) and really push myself creatively with my content.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Wishing everyone a Happy New Year! Go out and chase you dreams this year! Don’t let anyone or anything stop you!
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on: